Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Letter From Hayley

The following is the last letter I received from my daughter Hayley. The letter before this one I received from her was in January. Her mother filed a bogus restraining order against me a year ago, and I have not spoken to, or seen, Hayley since August of last year. I break the law everytime I write her, but I will continue to write her often ensure the emotional stability of both of us, actually.

She makes me want to live:


Dear Daddy,

Hey- how are you? Sorry I haven't written you back. I just haven't felt the heart to do it yet.

But last night, I had a dream. In the dream, I ws here and somehow a fire started. Now, I've always promised myself that if there was ever a fire, the only two things I would grab would be my phone, of course, and also the photo that we took at the daddy-daughter dance that is sitting in my room now.

And when I couldn't grab the picture, I was completely devastated. It was the only thing I had of you. You know I love you very much, and I miss you.

And I'm sorry about what happened with you and Jacki. That's so sad. How long were you two together? And I'm also sorry about the abortion. Why did she get it? Because personally, in my perspective, I think that's totally wrong.

Well, I love you very much, and I miss you. And I hope sometime you can come see me. It's been almost a year now since I've seen you. I love you.

Love,

Hayley


P.S: "Hope for faith. Pray for love. Go all the way. Never give up. Believe in yourself. Take every chance you get to live life to the fullest."

Hayley A.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a letter I received recently from my 12 year old, daughter, named Hayley. Her mother decided to file false allegations of domestic abuse against me. As a result, I'm not allowed to see my own daughter. Mail is our only form of communication now. I have no idea where Hayley is living at this time.

Anonymous said...

I call BS that your daughter wrote that letter...the maturity i it suggests someting more than a 12yr old.

Dan...answer the questions about what you did wrong before you convince us all that you are right